Tuesday 21 November 2017

Necromunda doors in 3D Zone Mortalis

Hi all

I have been painting the Necromunda bulkheads up to add to my Zone Mortalis board with excitement (the Imperial ones are a bit too Loyalist for Horus). So I was a bit shocked when they didn't fit. . .
I have not seen any mention that they are compatible anywhere, so it was a bad assumption on my part I guess. 
They should be the same width as two floor tiles and as you can see above, we have around 4-5mm of overlap. The Zone Mortalis boards are subject to a fair bit of warpage / deformation in the casting process, so I thought I would try a different tile. 

  
Same issue. Oh damn it. Maybe a different door?

Nope. That didn't work either. Oh. 

Or 3.

Filing or sanding the Door down too isn't an option (loss of detail). 

Success!! The little door fits. 

But not this one!

Oh that's why. One is wider than the other.  

Well I guess the doors are meant to be used with the 2D Zone Mortalis game, so no big whoop. Would have been nice though. 

Addendum 
They fit between 2 boards quite well, but there can be a slight separation. 


Drake Seta



11 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awful. They even say that the bulkheads are compatible with the forge world tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure it's in the white dwarf for November.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I thought I read it this months issue as well. I'll confirm it when I get home from work. Damn, I was kind of excited about this as well, since the Forgeworld doors are so expensive and don't fit quite right either (because of the warping)...

      Delete
    3. Necromunda post on Warhammer community from November 5th :
      https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/05/necromunda-pre-order-11th-november/

      Fifth paragraph :
      "Finally, all the terrain from the Necromunda: Underhive core set will be available separately. This includes barricades, bulkhead doors, and objectives, and while these have been designed to make adding cover to your Necromunda tables easy, they’ll also be great for Warhammer 40,000 players. The bulkhead doors even fit Forge World’s Zone Mortalis tiles!"

      Delete
  2. Big miss...I was considering buying several kits of the FW's Zone Mortalis and Necromunda Bulkheads but not if they are not compatible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We figured out it's working if you use the spare space between two ZM tiles - atleast that's something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Added a revision to the post. Still not ideal but it’s something.

      Delete
  4. That’s rather disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems like a pretty insanely stupid and lazy oversight

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, since you're the only person I've seen (so far) attempt this ... what is the scaling difference between the Necro boards/doors and the actual resin ZM kits? My assumption was that the ZM kits were actually a little larger, but the reverse seems true in regard to the doors ... would the ZM walls fit on the Necro boards?

    ReplyDelete